Wednesday 14 October 2020

Anybody spot what's new?


Blogging has fallen a little behind the construction pace that I am maintaining on the layout of late, but that's all with good reason. As you can see in the above image there is something new to show, and not just the finished scenery on the sand dunes at Saw Point. The black and white paperback is a compilation of 45 of my own railway poems covering a period of more than 30 years, and features all of the poems from my Last Train series of books. For those who may have baulked at the price of my 8" x 10" full colour photographic poetry collections, Great Aussie Railway Poems at $12.99 plus postage for the paperback edition, or just $3.99 for the eBook make this a much more economical alternative for railway buffs and poetry aficianados alike.


You can read more about this latest release and my other available titles over on my author page at phillipoverton.blogspot.com


With many different projects currently requiring my time behind the scenes, I've also made time to give this blog a complete freshen-up. You'll notice the pages appear a little different and the Top Links page is gone, replaced instead by a Philden Favourites page. For those not familiar with web SEO, the number of links you place on any given post or page can either count for you, or against you. The hundreds of links that I have been kind enough to give to other reader's blogs, hobby websites and the like had reached the point where it was killing search traffic to phildenmodelrailway.


Dead links, inactive posts and add-saturated content all combined to give my blog a negative score, and to make it worse many of the blogs weren't even following this site in return. So the page has been replaced and the links all removed. If you're a loyal follower of my blog, you'll now find a link to your blog on the right hand column where it says Great Blogs I Follow. It only shows the 10 most recently updated blogs and clicking the Show All tab below these will display those blogs that haven't been updated of late. For everyone else... well, I've been blogging this site for 5 years now. I guess you musn't find it interesting.


Creating a blog on a scope such as this takes a large amount of time. Almost as much as self-producing a book. Good blog maintenance is also time consuming, so now that is all behind me I hope to get caught up with the state of my layout real soon. Until next time, safe modeling, and be sure to check out my latest book.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit Philden. I hope you'll book a return ticket soon. Cheers, Phil