Thursday 12 May 2022

Bringing back the Alco


Keeping the reminiscing theme going this month, this week I hit the Big Half Century, and went and replaced an old favourite locomotive of mine that I had back in the days of my original Philden layout.


I now have an Alco back in my fleet in the form of JL406, who long time readers may remember arrived only 3 months before Philden made its final stand before a house move back in 2019,(as seen here in detailing the steel train). The timing seems ironic, given that here I am 3 years later, and we're almost all packed up ahead of another house move. I now have the ex-442 favourite back again, only this time in a DCC sound equipped version. Just what is it doing down south at Philden Street Yard in Melbourne? Who knows? Philden Street Yard is after all fictional, so fictionally I'll just say that it ran that far south on the standard guage. I think my ex-422 and an ex-442 make a pretty good pairing.

I uploaded the above short clip to my YouTube Channel over past weekend, and thought I'd just leave this here for readers to view while I dismantle the layout and prepare to head south myself. Hopefully I'll have some more photos to share next month after we've moved and settled into a new place. So for now I'll take a short break from the blog, say my farewells to the Sunshine Coast, and then off we go for a new start!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit Philden. I hope you'll book a return ticket soon. Cheers, Phil