Monday 29 August 2022

Weathered by Philden Showcase 7

This past week I got stuck into weathering some Victorian HO scale rollingstock. As I wanted to add some VR flour wagons to my layout's small fleet, I bought a few different packs to experiment with weathering the same wagon type from the perspective of different eras.


This is the SDS Models VPFX flour wagon in Fielders traffic plain white nearing the end of it's life.

The same SDS Models wagon converted to a VPLX for lime traffic, heavily rusted for late 1990's.

A more subtle late 1970's to early 80's era FX flour wagon with the original VR logo.

The white FX flour wagon with the large VR and Water Wheel Flour logos, circa late 1970's.

And the one I was most pleased with, the Kimpton's Flour FX wagon.

SDS Models did a fantastic job producing the FX/VPFX/ bulk flour wagon models, and I had a lot of fun experimenting with weathering these. Despite not having a flour mill on my layout, I made an excuse to add at least one to my Philden Street Yard roster.


As the amount of items I have listed on eBay is growing by the week, if you're after any of the rollingstock that I've weathered and am offering for sale then click on the link here to view all the models I have in the category of toys, hobbies > model train carriages. It will just save you searching through everything. The first batch of these VPFX flour wagons I listed up sold pretty quickly. As I've already been asked if I can do some more, I will look at weathering another small batch shortly. Next up I have a small stack of steel wagons I need to weather for my own roster, but I'll do a few extra to sell also.

And as usual, all my weathered wagons come with a Genuine Weathered by Philden certificate.

For my own record...
Models sold 31/80

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit Philden. I hope you'll book a return ticket soon. Cheers, Phil