Wednesday 21 September 2022

NR52 makes its debut


Here's the first look at my long awaited Indigenous NR Class locomotive number NR52, officially named Kungara Mankurpa.


This model, along with NR 30 Warmi, was one of the reasons I decided to build a new layout back in 2019, after discovering that the NR Class SDS Models version I had at the time was too long for my old layout Philden. So after starting work on a new, bigger layout, I ultimately revisited my idea and decided upon building an inner Melbourne railway yard based solely around being able to operate a pair of NR Class locos on the layout. Philden Street Yard was born, and whatever locomotives or rollingstock I would go on to acquire for the layout, had to be selected with the knowledge that they would need to fit the time frame that these two locomotives would have worn this paint scheme, which is approximately late 1997 to the mid-2000's. So from that point of view, although the twin Indigenous locomotives have been a long time coming... once they had set wheel in Philden Street, they looked like they had been there the entire time.


Auscision have done a tremendous job with these two models, and I'm so glad I changed my initial order from just one to two. But more importantly, to upgrade the pair to sound equipped versions the instant I converted my layout to DCC. That was one expensive month back in 2021. But enough about me talking about them. Here is the first of two YouTube videos I will post this week, starting with this evening's 7:00 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time premiere of NR52 Kungara Mankurpa in Philden Street Yard. Then join me Friday arvo at 4:00 pm AEST to catch the first look at NR30 Warmi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit Philden. I hope you'll book a return ticket soon. Cheers, Phil