Monday 19 September 2022

Visitor at 'The Yard'


Recently I had my good friend Anthony Veness visit for a running session on Philden Street Yard. Anthony you may remember, is the modeller who took my old Philden Road layout off my hands and is busy re-fashioning it into a larger layout of his own. Bringing his own modern equipment down for a run on my layout quickly got me thinking what it would be like to shoot a couple of YouTube videos of his models at work in Philden Street Yard. So with all the recording tripods and lights set up in the loungeroom, I managed to put a few videos together that I will upload over the coming months, first-up which is B75. I like this locomotive in the CRL Consolidated Rail Leasing livery, although we both agree it looks like the BWS Train!


Having a second set of hands at the ready to film a short sequence lets you add a few more elements to the shoot. Having Anthony on the throttle left me free to film. Now I know he doesn't see eye-to-eye with the puppet... but readers have no idea how much my nieces and nephews love that little guy! (Sorry bro! You'll just have to pretend you can't see him like I have to pretend the Brisbane Lions' finals loss never happened.)


So with a big week ahead in the lead up to a book launch, the AFL Grand Final, and the arrival of my Indigenous NR Class locomotives, make sure you subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss out on seeing the first runs of NR30 and NR52 on Philden Street Yard. Hopefully I have them scheduled for a double Premiere Party this coming Friday afternoon, 23rd September at 4 pm.


Now to get back to writing this next book....

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit Philden. I hope you'll book a return ticket soon. Cheers, Phil