Friday 14 October 2022

'Cheeseburger' in 'The Yard'


It's time for a Friday afternoon knock-off fix of fun, in the form of the fantastic A66 in 'Cheeseburger' livery making a guest appearance in Philden Street Yard. So grab yourself a beverage, and prepare to roll out the red carpet for the next premiere of Bill The Puppet today at 5:00 pm AEST, or 6:00 pm AEDST (daylight savings time). The timed premiere includes a dramatic one-time only 2 minute countdown timer that's bigger than Ben Hur, just to build up the occassion before I let the unitiated down with another model train video!


V/Line A60 (left) in the Mk 1 passenger livery, and A66 (right) in the Mk 3 passenger livery which earned it the nickname 'Cheeseburger'.

The model of A66 belongs to friend Anthony Veness, and I filmed this on an Apple iPhone 13 Pro some weeks back. The sound installation was done by Anthony using speakers, decoder and sound files bought from DCC Sounds. I loved the difference in the sound of the A Class compared to my pair of B Class locomotives so much, that I recently sent my A Class Freight Victoria locomotive off to the good folk at Trainworld in Brighton, Melbourne to convert the loco to DCC sound. So I'll have a YouTube clip of it at work in 'The Yard' hopefully in the coming month. The other A Class loco shown below, A60 in the red & blue V/line livery, had a custom DCC sound conversion done using a much older decoder, and by comparison the Zen decoder didn't match the sound quality of the DCC Sounds one. But look for it to make a passing cameo run-by in a future video just the same.

A pair of A Class Bulldogs in 'The Yard'.

So enjoy the short video on YouTube, and give it a thumbs-up like if you enjoyed it. I'm going to crown my best video of 2022 in December using the formula of the total number of views multiplied by the number of likes for each video. So I'm very interested to gauge what people like best ahead of a few new ideas I have in mind for 2023.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. There's no doubt, your guest driver is a smooth operator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Don't tell AV that though or he'll want to go on the payroll.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit Philden. I hope you'll book a return ticket soon. Cheers, Phil