Tuesday 14 February 2023

Weathered by Philden Showcase 12

Relaunching into weathering some models for 2023, you may be clever enough to decipher all the cryptic clues as to what is going on behind the scenes of my blog. If the following Victorian HO scale models look just a little too familiar, it is because they have long been just some of the staples on my HO scale layout Philden Street Yard. A huge clean-out of my Victorian railway memorabilia, and a year-long countdown of Victorian Railways Newsletters that are all for sale on my eBay page, (link below) should be enough proof that change is coming this year!


Right, into a quick snapshot of what I've weathered and am now selling. As usual, I've based my prices on my time and the cost of paints, which I believe equates to around $35 per model on top of its' individual retail price.

And P.S. There will be a lot of near new, and well looked after models from my current layout's roster posted to eBay over the coming weeks. So be sure you add phildenmodelrailway on eBay as a favourite seller if you don't want to miss out on something you've seen on my blog in the past.

A well-rusted SDS Models FX flour wagon, this one in VPFX Fielders plain white.

An Auscision Models VLCX Freight Australia louvered van. Fading paint and peeling roof.

... and another VLCX van. These were long time favourites in Philden Street Yard.

An SDS Models VTQF 10,000 gal. petrol tank car. I was quite pleased with this one!

Another SDS Models VTQF tanker, this one looking a lot more fuel stained towards the end of its life.

And the ex-BP tank car. SDS Models did a great job with these, and they were amazing to weather.

Click here to view the 80+ models I am offering for sale.

Of course if you're willing to hunt through all of the items from my own lifetime railway collection, then click here to view all of my listings. Once more I'm pushing towards 800 listings, as last week alone I sold over 250 items which kept me busy by going to the post office everyday for over a week! 

And just like the label on a bottle of Jack Daniels.... Non genuine without my signature.

For my own record...
Models sold 68/114

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit Philden. I hope you'll book a return ticket soon. Cheers, Phil