Sunday 26 February 2023

Weathered by Philden Showcase 13

Before I fall too far behind in showcasing some of my weathered models, I'd better provide an update of some HO rollingstock that I am moving on from my own collection. These models were once all staples on my previous Philden Road layout, and they now join the pool of weathered models I have for sale on eBay at the moment.


Without giving too much away, February has been a huge month for clearing out a lot of my personal railway collection, making room in my study for some exciting news, and culling a fleet of Australian models I've been holding onto since layouts past, just in case I ever needed them again. It turns out I won't. Along with these models shown below, I hit a record high of 1,035 listings on eBay during February. Considering a lot of those listings were also bundled items, it's a number I doubt I will ever reach again. You can see all the models I have listed for sale by clicking here.


These Auscision Models NLKY louvred vans in PTC Blue were lovely to weather...


... but the PTC blue colour of the vans won't fit in on my next project.


These were the rustiest container flat wagons to ever belong on any of my layouts...


... but these SDS Models NQIX wagons with the L7 logos now need to move on.


Even this On Track Models side curtain container, while a favourite, now needs a new home.


And to round it out, an Auscision Models RQIW container wagon with a clean container.


I'll highlight a few more in the weeks to come as its a case of out with the old, in with the new. Being an apartment modeller, I can't afford to hold onto everything when I move between projects. And buying new models for a new project means I literally can't afford to hold onto everything.


Ahead of working on a book on weathering, these certificates come with each of my weathered models.

All are available while they last through my eBay page (click above).


For my own record

Models sold 70/120

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit Philden. I hope you'll book a return ticket soon. Cheers, Phil