Wednesday 1 March 2023

Weathered by Philden Showcase 14

Here's some of my own coil steel containers and wagons that will form the basis of my steel fleet on my new layout. There are some more Pacific National coil steel containers and a new pack of NQJX container wagons that have just arrived and still need to be weathered before I can say my steel train fleet is complete.


This NQYY Freightcorp container wagon is from Auscision Models.

Here it is again with 2 x National Rail RH steel coil containers also from Auscision Models.

Here's another 2 x 'butterboxes' as they're also known, only these are a whole lot grubbier!

A slight variation with these 2 x Auscision Models RV coil steel containers in Pacific National blue.

And lined up together, these coil steel containers are awaiting some more to arrive in PN yellow.

These RCNF coil steel wagons are the open alternative to shipping steel coils.

These Auscision Models RCNF wagons and coils were particularly enjoyable to weather.


While these steel coil wagons and containers are all destined for my own layout, you can still choose from the many weathered models I have for sale through my eBay listings by clicking the banner above. I now have a stack of models for my own layout, plus some more to sell, waiting beside my spray booth to be weathered as part of the final photos I'm after for my next book which will be due out mid-year. For those who don't quite understand my pricing on these, prices are based off the individual model price plus around $35 on each model to cover time, paints eBay fees and tax. It helps provide some extra income between orders for my books. So I appreciate the support.

With even more models to be weathered, I wonder how many of these I'll end up signing?

For my own record...
Models sold 81/126

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit Philden. I hope you'll book a return ticket soon. Cheers, Phil