Tuesday 7 March 2023

Weathered by Philden Showcase 15

It's part 2 of my steel train showcase, with a motley collection of open wagons and slab steel flat wagons that will complete the backbone of my steel train operations. Just where remains a secret for now, but a lot of these have simply carried over from operations on my Philden Street Yard layout. Some of these have come from 4 packs of Auscision Models, and where I have just wanted 1 or 2, the others are on eBay for sale if you are quick. Let's jump right in...


An absolute favourite of mine, an Auscion Models RCOF National Rail coiled wire wagon.

Another Auscision Model, this time an RCFX (former NSW BDX wagon), in 50 shades of rust.

This National Rail slab steel wagon is coded RKQF, and has had the deck surface totally rusted.

Another RKQF slab steel wagon from a different angle, again it is from Auscision Models.

I've weathered plenty of these ex-WAGR WGX open wagons from SDS Models, but this one has been re-coded ROAX under National Rail/Pacific national ownership to add to my own steel train fleet.

Click here to view my weathered railway models.

There should still be duplicates of these on my eBay page for sale, as for the large part I have tried to add just 1 or 2 of each wagon type when making up my steel train rakes. Once again, prices are based on individual wagon prices plus around $35 per wagon to cover time, paints, eBay fees and Tax. All models sold help provide an alternate income flow between book orders, so thanks in advance for your support.

All models weathered by myself come with a certificate of authenticity!

For my own record...
Models sold 86/131

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit Philden. I hope you'll book a return ticket soon. Cheers, Phil