Friday 10 March 2023

Weathered by Philden Showcase 16

Here's a look at just some of the intermodal and general van traffic that will slide on over from Philden Street Yard to my new layout. Once again, I've listed some duplicates of these containers on my eBay page if you're quick. There's still a few more for me to weather in order to have a complete Auscision Models storage box full of the dirty scoundrels.


A pair of Walthers 20' foot containers, MSC and MAERSK atop an Auscision NQYY wagon.

This Auscision Models 40' Intermodal Solutions container has been with me since the original Philden layout back in 2015. There's just something about the Kookaburra that makes it a favourite.

And this beat-up well rusted Auscision 40' foot Interlink container just keeps on surviving.

This side curtain 40' foot container is from On Track Models, and has been nicely weathered.

Another On Track Models container, this time SPD Transport which later became part of TOLL.

And a 3rd and final On Track Models 40' foot side curtain container to make tracks, this one TOLL.

Unable to locate any Sadliers or Pacific National RLSY's, I had to make do with these NLKY louvered vans in National Rail grime. I then painted some patched-out graffitti repairs for it to look the part.

Another NLKY with a different patch and weathering pattern. These are both Auscision Models and the other 2 I listed on eBay sold fairly quickly.

And a final 20' foot container pairing, this time showing the height difference between an Auscision domestic hi-cube TDG Distribution container and the Walthers international standard Hapag-Lloyd.

So that brings me up to date on some of my own weathering projects. While I'm waiting on some pre-ordered rollingstock to arrive for my own layout, I have a few packs of Auscision Models grain hoppers that are no  longer required that I will experiment on weathering and adding some patched-out graffitti repairs to the sides of the hoppers. Watch for them to appear soon on my eBay page below. Plus, the last of my Victorian HO models are still hiding somewhere in there if you haven't seen my clearance already.

You can purchase a Weathered by Philden model by clicking on the link above.

And like Jim Beam says... "non genuine without my signature", or something like that.

For my own record...
Models sold 105/143

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit Philden. I hope you'll book a return ticket soon. Cheers, Phil