Wednesday 17 May 2023

Weathered by Philden Showcase 17

I've had a week's break after finishing my latest book, so I headed downstairs into my airbrushing studio to clear the mind and weather up some more model railway wagons. Here's a look at some of the New South Wales and Victorian fuel tankers I have completed and listed on eBay.


My current layout revamp has seen me round-up anything that doesn't belong on the newly themed layout. But... as I'm about to start writing a book on weathering, I may as well weather the lot and offer them for sale on eBay. These are the last of my fuel tankers, so don't ask me to weather anymore. They are so time consuming to detail to this level that I'm simply over them. They are all SDS models tank cars, the first two are the NSW Tulloch 10,000 gallon type, the rest are the individual boxed Victorian OT/TWF/VTQY/VTQF type. They're lovely models, but all no longer needed now I've ditched my Victorian themed layout for a modern NSW North Coast affair.












Click on the above banner to see all my eBay listings, or this link here to just see my model railway carriages. I still have another 50 freight wagons and containers waiting to be weathered up over the coming month, most of them for my own collection, but any duplicates of the Auscision shipping containers or other models I'm not keeping for myself will go straight on eBay. After the weathering book is complete, I'm done. My layout will have been updated and I probably won't feel like weathering another model for a very long time! So if you were wanting a model that has been weathered by myself, now is your time. Prices had to be based on individual retail plus paints and my time, which works out roughly $40 per wagon. For the amount of airbrush paint I have used this past week, I think that sounds fair.

There's still a few more of these for me to sign once the next batch is completed.

For my own record...
Models sold 115/161

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit Philden. I hope you'll book a return ticket soon. Cheers, Phil