Monday 5 June 2023

Weathered by Philden Showcase 18


Here's another update of some models I've recently weathered. This time it's a showcase of intermodal containers. When it comes to buying these containers in packs of two and you only want one for your own fleet... its a case of needing to sell the other. So check the link below if interested.


Yes, the weathering book is coming along nicely. All of the models that I have weathered and featured in these little showcases, have actually been a part of the process of documenting and photographing the different weathering processes that I will outline and explain in my next Philden Model Railway Presents book. Currently I am about half way through writing and laying out the book, with a self-imposed deadline set for the end of July as I'd like to have the next book off with my publisher by August for a September release date.

Writing this book is proving to be the easy part! Behind the scenes, there has been a huge financial outlay for me to buy, weather and sell a good assortment of different rollingstock items to use as a subject of several chapters. Other chapters will relate more directly to my efforts to weather the various building structures on my current layout. Along with the open wagon, goods shed and my CFCLA locos that will feature on the cover of Model Railway Weathered Wonders, this assortment of containers rank amongst my favourites. All of these packets of two containers however do me no good when I only want one of each model. I'm on the home straight to finishing my writing career with this series of books, and my eBay sell-off has been totally necessary to fund this project given that my books have no advertising, paid for comment, sponsorship or other income while I have been writing them. And sheesh! Is the economy at the moment starting to bite or what? So, if you are interested in acquiring one of my weathered models, please check the eBay link below these examples and get one while you can.

These 3 x 20' foot containers are all Auscision Models releases weathered to represent years of use.

While these 3 containers are Walthers models, with the end 2 being refrigerated units.

This 40' foot SCT container is another Auscision Models release, (along with the NQKY wagon).

I finally tracked down some hard-to-find Aurizon containers, again an Auscision Models 40' footer.

A slightly rusted F.C.L. 40' foot Auscision Models container.

A 40' foot TOLL container, again an Auscision Models release.

And these NQKY container wagons are getting a feature here, this time with an Interlink 40' footer.

And finally a well-worn Intermodal Solutions 40' foot container, again by Auscision.


Clicking the above banner will take you to my remaining HO scale models I have for sale, and save you from wading through the other 1100+ listings I have at the moment. Finally it seems I have a very tidy study, thanks to a huge eBay clean-out of my surplus books and railway memorabilia. I doubt I will ever have that many items listed on eBay ever again!

Each certificate is the only way to ensure a model has actually been weathered by myself.

There may be one more weathered showcase to follow, given that I have a few shiny locomotives in need of a coat of realism, and the above NQKY wagons in need of some simulated miles. They're just waiting for me to finish the next two books to afford them the time they deserve. It's been fun weathering such a broad variety of models for this next book. But given my rollingstock roster is 98% finalised for my Philden Coast layout, I'm just about done with the weathering paints for the time being.

Untill next time...

For my own record...
Models sold 134/180

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit Philden. I hope you'll book a return ticket soon. Cheers, Phil