Monday 10 July 2023

Celebrating 300,000 Blog Views


Happy Monday the 7th of July, 2023 to you all. This morning, somewhere between the course of finishing my coffee, checking my emails and brushing my teeth, the Philden Model Railway Blog reached the 300K pageview milestone. It seems my recent update announcing the arrival of my C Class locomotive to my Coast layout, was the post responsible for reaching the milestone. So a big thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read this blog, and to those loyal readers who had discovered, and followed my journey since that first post back on the 14th of May 2015.


It's taken just over 8 years to reach 300,000 views! In that time, the blog has grown from a fairly standard model railway layout diary, to spawn a YouTube channel, be rated amongst the World's best model railway websites and release it's own range of books. Which brings me to the next announcement...


This week I send my next Philden Model Railway Presents how-to book off to the printers. Yes, after 12 months of working on this book and weathering more than 180 models specifically as photo subjects in the process, Model Railway Weathered Wonders is finished! I'm planning an August release for this book, and the interest in this one from hobby store retailers both here and abroad is encouraging. If you haven't already discovered my books, be sure to check out the Bookstore page link above to read the description for each one and to click on the links to where they are available and how you can preview each title.

Thanks to everyone who has been a part of this journey! There will be few more exciting announcements to follow to close out what has been an exciting past couple of years.

Cheers!
Phill O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit Philden. I hope you'll book a return ticket soon. Cheers, Phil