Monday 4 September 2023

Weathered Wonders Video Review

My book review in the August Australian Model Railway News!


What a huge weekend it has been! Fresh back from exhibiting Philden Coast at the Sunshine Coast Model Train & Hobby Expo on the Saturday, my latest book Model Railway Weathered Wonders was also featured online in Will James's Australian Model Railway News, (click the above image to play).


I returned home on Saturday night to a stack of eBay orders waiting for me to pack and post, which come Monday afternoon are now finally posted and on their way to all of my customers. I'm now completely sold-out of my own stock levels of the Weathered Wonders book and am waiting for another print run to be made and forwarded to me in time for the British Railway Modellers of Australia Convention in Brisbane this September 24-26, 2023. In the meanwhile the book is always available online through my print partner Blurb, (click the book cover image to the left).


Unfortunately, my own model railway layout is still downstairs in the garage, waiting patiently for us to carry back up to our apartment and be re-assembled in the lounge room. It's been such a busy past couple of weeks having attended 2 model train shows over back-to-back weekends, starting a new job in-between them, and having one of my busiest weeks of eBay and books sales to see to. I guess they are real nice problems to have after years of hard work and time sunk into my model railway book projects.

Post shows there's now a long list of model railway projects I can finally see to, convention notes to prepare and the final book instalment to start writing. As such I doubt I'll get too much airbrushing done this side of Christmas! So thanks to everyone who saw the review on Will James' YouTube Channel and jumped onto my blog or eBay to follow the links on where to purchase the book along with close to half of the weathered Australian HO items I had listed for sale. The response was fantastic and very much appreciated as I now focus on trying to get my most expensive book project to try and turn a profit.

Finally my personal thanks are once again extended to Will James. If you haven't already checked out his website Will James Railways, be sure to do so, as you'll find plenty of cool things like railway collector pins, merchandise, photos and links to all his YouTube videos, past News episodes and reviews. I've tried to support Will's channel from the beginning through providing book giveaways for his viewers, and its always pleasing to see a fellow modeller's creative endeavours continue to grow from strength to strength.

Until I can get to writing a post update on last weekend's exhibition experience, have a great week and I hope you get some modelling done! You can see all of my remaining HO Scale Australian weathered model railway listings here, and I can't stress this enough, they are only while they last!


Click the image to view my model railway listings.


Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit Philden. I hope you'll book a return ticket soon. Cheers, Phil