Monday 22 January 2024

Weathered by Philden Showcase 23


With every Queensland modeller currently excited about the CGL/SDS Models joint release of the QR 1460/1502 model locomotives, I've gone and done the opposite... I sold my pre-ordered model to a friend, and have just finished weathering up the last of my Queensland 12 mm gauge HO scale models to list for sale this week on eBay.


I guess for me, my QR modelling days are now behind me. The HJS Wuiske Models open wagon (above), and the following QR models I have photographed below, are waiting only for a batch of QLX and QSC wagons that are currently drying downstairs in the garage, for my QR fleet to be dispersed.


A Wuiske Models PCS container flat wagon.

A Southern Rail Models ALY louvred van, painted yellow and stencilled for Poison Spray - Roma St.

Another Southern Rail Models ALY/T van, this one with ARHS stencilling and a subtle yellow side sill.

Once more, I will list each model for sale only through eBay, and each will come with a signed certificate as a way of saying thanks for your support over the past couple of years of writing full-time. Instead of regretting letting my Queensland stuff go, I'll still get to enjoy watching some of my former models turning laps on my friend's layout each time I visit.

As for the rest, I should have the last photographed and listed by the weekend, so be sure to follow my eBay seller page on the link below. With time commitments pressing in 2024, I won't be weathering as many models for sale as I did last year.


Click here to view my latest listings, with all my ex-QR models going live this week.

For my own record...

Models sold 199/234

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit Philden. I hope you'll book a return ticket soon. Cheers, Phil