Tuesday 23 January 2024

Weathered by Philden Showcase 24


Another quick weathered update to share the final few Queensland Railways models I have listed for sale on eBay. That's all. Finito. Over and out. My few years spent collecting and modelling Queensland narrow gauge has now come to an end. The only models now sitting beside the spray booth awaiting an airbrushing of grime, are my own. And that is only if I can find the time amidst full-time study and preparing to release another book. Time and money, two things that just don't seem to be my friend!


Right now, after thinning my own personal collection down, and moving on anything that doesn't belong on either of my two current layouts, I really need to afford some new camera gear and update my computer as I move away from writing about model trains, and into studying a new creative field. One that is proving to be just as expensive!

These Wuiske Models QSC tautliner wagons now need to find a new home...

...as does this SDS Models refrigerated container, this one lettered for QR's RACE exchange fleet.

And these Wuiske Models QLX vans will be sorely missed...

...as they were one of the reasons I originally was drawn towards modelling the QR.

Since the beginning of this blog back in May 2015, I've lost count of how many models I have bought and sold as a result of building new layouts and changing eras, not to mention the 140+ models I purchased and weathered as part of writing my Model Railway Weathered Wonders book last year. Along with the weathered models I have listed, there are over 1,000 items in my eBay shop to keep you interested in looking through. Link below...

Click on the above banner to view all of my items listed on eBay.

Each weathered model comes with a certificate of authenticity to thank you for your support.

For my own record...
Models sold 199/239

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit Philden. I hope you'll book a return ticket soon. Cheers, Phil